Sunday, April 18, 2010

Soccer Saturdays have begun!



So it looks like it's time for my "quarterly update"! Time has yet again snuck up on me... I keep begging for it to slow down, give me a chance to breath, but it seems to not be cooperating!

And now our "Super Soccer Saturdays" have arrived! I love spring Soccer... the weather is perfect for spending all day watching my boys do what they love best. You know you're kids have found their passion when they want to stay after their game is over and keep playing and they say, "just one more shot!" And then twenty "more shots" later, you finally have to drag them off the field. Then when you think they've had enough soccer for one day, and they might just want to come home and rest... they jump out of the car and run to the backyard to keep practicing with each other and shooting in the goal set up in our yard. And you probably think I'm just talking about Mathis and Hayden, but no, James is also the one telling me, "just one more shot!" He is just as bad as the kids, but I am so happy he has made such an influence on my boys and they definitely got their passion from their dad!

I love the determination on Hayden's face, he does everything in life at full speed, soccer being no exception.

I love this shot!

I wish you could hear what's going on in this photo... lots of yelling and cheering... and definitely lots of jumping up and down! Pre-game ritual at it's best!

Mathis is all about defense in soccer.
In this shot he just headed the ball out off a corner kick, saving it from going to the back of the net!

So now you will no where to find us every Saturday for the next couple months!

No comments:

Post a Comment